At some part along your doll collecting journey you’ll eventually come across dolls known as BJD (Ball Jointed Dolls).
These beautiful dolls are like works of art that instantly grab your attention.
But how do you take that first step into the world of BJD collecting?
I want to get your thoughts and opinions about collecting Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD).
Later this year I hope to begin my journey into the wonderful world of BJDs. Hopefully we can navigate this new territory of dolls together.
It’s something I’ve wanted to do for some time but I’ve been a bit hesitant (aka scared) to jump into it.
At first glance there’s so much more to learn & understand about BJDs compared to buying a pre-packaged 1/6 scaled fashion doll (Azone, Blythe, Pullip)
Also, there’s additional terminology to familiarize oneself with and there’s also the possibility of unknowingly purchasing a recast/fake doll.
Quite frankly it’s a bit overwhelming but one of my goals is to face this challenge head on!
Before the Journey Begins
But before I get started on this journey I’m curious to know where you are along the BJD path?
- For beginner what worries or issues are you having with purchasing your 1st BJD?
- If you are further along the BJD path I would enjoy your input in navigating the trails.
I would really appreciate if you would take time to answer the questions below to help me prepare for this exciting journey!
BJD Journey Preparations:
Let me know where you are on the BJD path by answering the following questions in the comment section below.
For the Newbie/Beginner?
- If you always wanted to get a BJD but haven’t taken the plunge what is holding you back?
- What are your worries or issues you’re having with purchasing your 1st BJD or BJD in general?
- What do you want to know about BJDs?
For the Experience BJD Collectors
- What is 1 thing you wish you would have known before you purchased your 1st BJD?
- Why do you enjoy collecting BJD?
- How did you get started in collecting BJDs?
- Where do you go for your BJD information?
I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions to help me determine the best way to get started on the path of BJDs.
And I hope you experience BJD collectors will lend me your guidance & friendship as I travel on this journey.