This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure for more information.
Hihi welcome to the 11th Dolly Sewing Crush.
Hina-chan is excited to pose for you this month while wearing outfits designed by the talented Araki Sawako.
Who is Araki Sawako:
Dolly Sewing Crush: Araki Sawako Project #1
Hina-chan has become obsessed with ballerinas lately.
It all stared when she watched The Nutcracker and shouted with glee, “I Can Do That!!!”
Like any dolly parent, I want to support her in reaching her dreams of being a dancer.
The 1st step is getting her to look the part.
So I found an adorable Leotard (Swimsuit) which can be found in Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes on page 58.
In 9 steps your little friend will have a Leotard that moves with them effortlessly.
The directions for the Leotard are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Leotard:
- Trace the pattern on the fabric
- Add 0.3 cm around the leg, neckline and arm area
- Clip the neckline & leg area
- Glue the clipped area down
- Remove pattern
- Right sides together, sew side seam & crotch
- Turn right side out
Hurrah, the Leotard is complete!
Oh how cute, she’s beginning to look and “act” like a real ballerina.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
Sewing this project was suuuuuper easy, it’s the prep work before the sewing took place, that was the challenge.
Since the pattern doesn’t include seam allowance, adding and clipping the allowance around the leg, neckline and arms, was an annoyance.
But the final look makes up for it.
Visit next week for the 2nd Sewing Crush!
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Araki Sawako:
Want to sew tiny for your doll? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To get you fired up for tiny sewing, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes.
Giveaway runs from November 4, 2020 until November 26, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: November 26, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering