This article contains affiliate links which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please read our affiliate disclosure to learn more.
Hina-chan is so excited to see you again.
She’s been prancing around the house all week.
Let’s see why she has such happy feet.
Dolly Sewing Crush: Araki Sawako Project #2
This week the item we made to add to Hina-chan’s ballerina look, are pair of Tights that glide smoothly across the stage.
You can find these Tights by flipping to page 60 in Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes.
In 6 steps, your doll will be prancing around in their new Tights.
The directions for the Tights are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Tights:
- Sew elastic to the waistband
- Right sides together sew the crotch
- Tape the tight pattern on fabric
- Sew around the pattern along the inseam & feet
- Trim seam allowance of inseam
- Turn right side out
Hurrah, the Tights are complete!
Hina-chan is getting use to her ballet attire.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
This was a quick and fun project.
Sewing tiny is cumbersome but the feeling you get when you complete it, is awesome!
Stay tuned next week for the 3rd project!
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Araki Sawako:
Missed a Araki Sawako Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
Want to sew tiny for your doll? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To get you fired up for tiny sewing, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes.
Giveaway runs from November 4, 2020 until November 26, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: November 26, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering