This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure for more information.
“Is it all most time for me to do my routine?”
This is the question I’ve been hearing all week long.
Between me and you, she’s not quite there yet but she’s been working really hard for her upcoming ballet recital.
A for effort!
Let’s go checkout what she’s been up to.
Dolly Sewing Crush: Araki Sawako Project #3
For the 3rd project we wanted to add a dash of elegance to Hina-chan’s look, so we went to page 19 in Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes and discovered a charming Tutu (Pannier).
In 2 steps you can transform your doll into a beautiful ballerina.
The directions for the Tutu are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Tutu:
- Fold fabric in half length wise
- Sandwich the elastic between the fabric
- Sew next to the elastic
- Gather the fabric to the length of the doll’s waist
- Make a knot
Hurrah, the Tutu is complete!
Oh dear it looks like Hina-chan needs a little more practice before she’ll nail her routine.
At least she looks cute though . . .
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
This project was short and sweet just like Hina-chan.
See you next week for the final Araki Sawako Project
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Araki Sawako:
Missed a Araki Sawako Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
Want to sew tiny for your doll? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To get you fired up for tiny sewing, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes.
Giveaway runs from November 4, 2020 until November 26, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: November 26, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering