UPDATED: Winner Announced Below (near entry box)
The week has finally arrived!
It’s time for Hina-chan’s performance.
For 3 weeks she’s been practicing, prancing, and posing.
We’re so proud of her, let’s go cheer her on!
Oh, before we see Hina-chan perform.
Dolly pals don’t let dolly pals forget to enter a giveaway:
If you haven’t already, there is still time to enter the giveaway.
Be sure to enter by November 26, 2020, 11:59 P.M. CST for a chance to win the Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes.
We will randomly choose a winner shortly after. 😉
Dolly Sewing Crush: Araki Sawako Project #4
A ballerina’s look isn’t complete without some Ballerina Shoes (Flats).
Thankfully on page 91 in Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes, a lovely pair of Ballerina Shoes was waiting.
Walk 10 steps . . . I mean complete 10 steps and you can have a brand new pair of Ballerina Shoes for your doll.
The directions for the Ballerina Shoes are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Ballerina Shoes:
The Ballerina Shoes
- Attach pattern on fabric
- Add 0.3cm around the pattern
- Clip notches & glue down
- With right side together, fold shoes in half
- Sew back heels
- Turn right side out
- Cut sole & insole of shoes
- Place insole in shoes
- Fold & glue fabric to insoles
- Glue sole to bottom of shoes
Hurrah, the Ballerina Shoes are complete!
Her ballerina look is all complete!
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
The Ballerina Shoes are easy to make but it was challenging due to the small size!
If you mange to complete it, it’s a wonderful sense of accomplishment.
And That’s A Wrap!
It looks like another Dolly Sewing Crush is in the books!
Hina-chan and I had a blast showcasing her ballerina inspired look and we hope you did too.
Outfits that graced your screen were:
- a dazzling Leotard
- a pair of comfortable Tights
- a delicate Tutu and
- a lovely pair of Ballerina Shoes
See you soon in December for our final Dolly Sewing Crush!
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Araki Sawako:
Missed a Araki Sawako Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
- Dolly Sewing Crush: Araki Sawako Project #1
- Dolly Sewing Crush: Araki Sawako Project #2
- Dolly Sewing Crush: Araki Sawako Project #3
Want to sew tiny for your doll? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To get you fired up for tiny sewing, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: Obitsu 11 Pattern Textbook: 11cm Size Girl Clothes.
Giveaway runs from November 4, 2020 until November 26, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
The Winner Is: Cassandra D!
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: November 26, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering
Brain.exe stopped working after trying to process how you made such tiny shoes. Bravo! And Hina-chan is the cutest little ballerina ever!
Hina-chan couldn’t have asked for a better audience in the crowd than you!
Thanks so much for your kind comment!