Fall is coming . . . yay!
This means cooler temperatures, leaves changing colors and pumpkin spices in the air.
So this month we’re getting Ruruko ready for fall with clothes designed by Ayu Ishiwatari of the fashion doll brand, Calalka.
Who is Calalka:
Dolly Sewing Crush: Calalka Project #1
The 1st look to get us in the mood for fall is a Short Sleeve Blouse found in Doll Coordinate Recipes for New Retro Style.
Flip to page 56 and your eyes will be meet with this darling Short Sleeve Blouse.
If you can count to 21, great, because 21 steps is all you need to turn this pattern into a shirt.
The Short Sleeve Blouse pattern fits dolls size:
- 20 – 22 cm
- 22 – 24 cm
- 26 – 29 cm
The directions for the Short Sleeve Blouse are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Short Sleeve Blouse:
- Sew back & front shoulder seams together
- Fold bottom edge of collar
- Attach to shirt
- Fold collar over the seam & stitch down
- Sew elastic to bottom edge of sleeves
- Sew a gather stitch along the sleeve caps
- Sew the sleeves to the blouse
- Sew back & front side seams together
- Fold & sew hem of blouse
- Add closures
Whoop-de-doo, the Short Sleeve Blouse is complete!
Ruruko is excited by her shirt and looks forward to seeing her completed fall look.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
The shirt came together nicely, there were a few techniques that were different from what I’m used to, but I made it work.
Come back next week for Project #2
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Ayu Ishiwatari (Calalka):
Can’t wait to sew Calalka outfits for your dollies? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Doll Coordinate Recipes for New Retro Style book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To help you Fall in love with sewing tiny, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: Doll Coordinate Recipes for New Retro Style.
Giveaway runs from September 2, 2020 until September 30, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: September 30, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering