This article contains affiliate links which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please read our affiliate disclosure to learn more.
Ruruko is excited to go to the pumpkin patch but her fall look isn’t complete!
Let’s see if we can add another piece to her fall look.
Dolly Sewing Crush: Calalka Project #2
The 2nd look Ruruko would like to model for you is a charming Wrap Skirt found on page 64 in Doll Coordinate Recipes for New Retro Style.
In 15 steps your doll will have a handmade Wrap Skirt.
The Wrap Skirt pattern fits dolls size:
- 20 – 22 cm
- 22 – 24 cm
- 26 cm
- 27 – 29 cm
The directions for the Wrap Skirt are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Wrap Skirt:
- Fold sides & hem of A fabric
- Top stitch sides & hem
- Fold sides & hem of B fabric
- Place A fabric underneath B fabric
- Sew in place
- Sew a gather stitch
- Gather skirt to fit waistband
- Attach waist band to skirt
- Pull waistband down over seam
- Top stitch the waist
- Attach closures to skirt
Whoop-de-doo, the Wrap Skirt is complete!
Ruruko wants to travel thanks to the Wrap Skirt, but I haven’t the heart to tell her that her travels will have to be put on hold.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
This was a quick and fun project to make.
Stay tuned next week to see the 3rd project!
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Ayu Ishiwatari (Calalka):
Missed a Calalka Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
Can’t wait to sew Calalka outfits for your dollies? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Doll Coordinate Recipes for New Retro Style book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To help you Fall in love with sewing tiny, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: Doll Coordinate Recipes for New Retro Style.
Giveaway runs from September 2, 2020 until September 30, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: September 30, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering