Girls just want to have fun, too!
For the past 3 weeks, 8 has been having fun in the spotlight, causing one Dolly Insider Crew Member to want to join in on the fun.
We are excited to introduce you to Anna, who is bursting with excitement to model her new outfit.
Are you ready to meet Anna?
Great, let’s go see her!
Oh darn, I almost forgot to remind you about the giveaway.
If you haven’t, there is still time to enter.
Be sure to enter the giveaway by July 30, 2020, 11:59 P.M. CST for a chance to win the Treasured Doll Coordinate Recipe book. 🙂
We will randomly choose a winner shortly after.
Dolly Sewing Crush: F.L.C. Boy Edition Project #4
For the last project in the F.L.C.Dolly Sewing Crush we made a bow-tasticly cute Ribbon Jumper Skirt.
We also made a ruffle blouse to go with the Ribbon Jumper Skirt using the same pattern we shared in week 2 for 8.
This pattern is in the Treasured Doll Coordinate Recipe book and can be found on page 40.
In 57 steps your sweet girl will sparkle in her new dress.
The Ribbon Jumper Skirt pattern fits dolls size:
- 11 cm
- 20 cm
- 27 cm
- 48 cm
The directions for the Ribbon Jumper Skirt are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Ribbon Jumper Skirt:
The Strap & Waist Decoration
- Sew shoulder strap fabric & lining together
- Flip right side out
- Sew waist decoration fabric & lining together
- Flip right side out
- Top stitch around the waist decoration
- Fold bow fabric in half right side together
- Press seam open
- Turn right side out
- Fold center bow ribbon in 3rds
- Sew stitches in the middle of the bow to create an accordion fold
- Wrap thread around bow
- Hand stitch the center bow ribbon around the bow
- Glue the bows on the skirt panel
- Sew the skirt panels together paying special attention to the order of panels with bows
- Fold hem of skirt & top stitch
- Make a gather on the top edge of the skirt
- Gather the skirt until the length matches the waist belt
- Attach waist belt to the skirt
- Fold skirt in half & mark the center
- Place the straps on either side of the marking
- Glue straps to wrong side of the skirt
- Top stitch all around the waistband
- Place waist decoration on skirt
- Mark the placements of beads & hand sew them to skirt
- Sew the back close make sure the bow is out of the way
- Hand sew the final bow to the skirt
- Add closures to skirt
Yahoo, the Ribbon Jumper Skirt is complete!
I don’t know how it’s possible, but this skirt amplifies Anna’s cuteness even more.
The book lives up to its name Treasured Doll Coordinate Recipe because Anna and I, will always treasure this dress.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
This was our 1st time sewing clothes for a 45cm doll and I couldn’t be any prouder of the results.
Overall the project isn’t difficult, you just have to be patience and alert when sewing this pattern.
While sewing the nine panels of the skirt, I was carried away by how cute the project was turning out.
I sewed all the panels, hemmed the skirt, and made the two gathering stitches.
My next step was to attach the waist belt.
I grabbed what I thought was the waist belt . . . but it turned out to be a panel for the skirt!?!?
Instead of sewing 9 lovely skirt panels, I had sewn 8!!!
Ooooh noooooo, the look that came over my face.
I had to retrace my steps to sew the 9th and final panel.
- Double check, no triple check, each step before moving on to the next step
- Keep all pattern pieces in one spot vs having them spread across the table
And That’s A Wrap!
Neon, thanks again for the idea to feature more boy outfits.
Because of you, we’ve discovered a timeless look for 8 that we are madly in love with and a delightful dress for Anna.
We are so joyful! 🙂
During The Dolly Sewing Crush F.L.C. Boy Edition + 1 Girl, we’ve seen:
- a handsome pair of Creased Pants
- a tailored Ruffle Blouse
- a studious Knit Vest and
- a bow-tiful Ribbon Jumper Skirt
If you have any questions or want to see a particular pattern please leave a comment below!
I’m already counting down the days until we can meet again, it’s 14 days to be exact. See you in August. 🙂
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Taeko Sekiguchi (F.L.C.):
Missed a F.L.C. Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
- Dolly Sewing Crush: F.L.C. Boy Edition Project #1
- Dolly Sewing Crush: F.L.C. Boy Edition Project #2
- Dolly Sewing Crush: F.L.C. Boy Edition Project #3
Are your dollies pressuring you to sew F.L.C. clothes immediately? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Treasured Doll Coordinate Recipe book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To fuel your love for sewing tiny, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: 1 Treasured Doll Coordinate Recipe.
Giveaway runs from July 1, 2020 until July 30, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: July 30, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering