This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure for more information.
We’re delighted that you’re here to join us for F.L.C. Sewing Project #2.
Momoko can’t wait for you to see her new outfit!
Dolly Sewing Crush: F.L.C. Project #2
For week 2 we will explore a comfy & cool Parka from Easy Doll Coordinate Recipe on page 47.
In 31 steps, you’ll have a Parka that your doll will never want to take off.
The Parka pattern fits dolls size:
The directions for the Parka are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Parka:
- Sew left & right edges of hood
- Flip right side out to form hood shape
- Top stitch along neck seam
- Top stitch the diagonal edges of pockets
- Place pockets on the right side of front parka
- Stitch around the pocket
- Fold & iron cuffs in half
- Sew cuffs to the bottom edge of the sleeves
- Open seams
- Top stitch above & below the previous stitch
- Sew sleeves to front & back parka
- Attach hood to parka
- Sew arm and side seams
- Notch near the underarms
- Sew the left and right edge of the ribbing
- Attach ribbing to bottom of the parka
Finishing The Parka
- Top stitch around the parka
Woohoo, the Parka is done!
F.L.C. put a lot of detail into the pattern to make it realistic.
Momoko is enjoying her Parka.
Something I would do differently is use a contrasting thread because the pattern has a lot of pieces and their alignment is very important.
I recommend using contrasting thread to see how the pieces line up and as you become familiar with this pattern give matching thread a try.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
Intermediate Friendly: The Parka had little details that were challenging to do.
I wish there were additional images explaining the detailed techniques.
Stay tuned next week for the 3rd project!
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Taeko Sekiguchi (F.L.C.):
Missed an F.L.C. Project? Click a link below to catch up!
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To spark your love for sewing tiny, we are giving 1 lucky winner: 1 Easy Doll Coordinate Recipe Book.
Giveaway runs from May 6, 2020 until May 28, 2020 11:59 P.M.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: May 28, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering
Excited to sew F.L.C. clothes for your dolly? No need to wait, you can get a copy of the Easy Doll Coordinate Recipe Book here.