This article contains affiliate links which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please read our affiliate disclosure to learn more.
It’s December and the 12th and final Dolly Sewing Crush!
For the past 12 months, we’ve been shinning a spotlight on talented doll clothing designers.
This month we are turning to Hanon to close out the series.
Thank you River for the suggestion. 🙂
Who is Satomi Fujii:
Dolly Sewing Crush: HANON Arrangement Project #1
The 1st look to get the ball rolling this month is a relaxed Basic A-Line Dress found on page 26 in Doll Sewing Book HANON Arrangement.
In 18 steps your doll will have a Basic A-Line Dress that will leave them with a bright smile on their face.
The directions for the Basic A-Line Dress are written in English and it also includes images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Basic A-Line Dress:
- Sew front & back shoulder seams
- Place dress & lining fabric right sides together & sew the neckline
- Cut the lining & clip notches around the neckline
- Fold the back sides of dress
- Sew along the back & the neckline
- Notch the armholes
- Top stitch the armholes
- Sew the side seams
- Fold hem & sew
- Sew back close
Three cheers, the Basic A-Line Dress is complete!
Allie likes the oversized style of the dress, because it gives her the ability to accessorize it how she sees fit.
She’s already daydreaming about adding a cute belt, to give it a new look.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
This was a super quick project that delivers instant gratification.
Check back next week to see a new look
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Satomi Fujii (Hanon):
Want to sew simple patterns for your doll? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Doll Sewing Book HANON Arrangement here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To get you fired up for tiny sewing, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: The Doll Sewing Book HANON Arrangement book.
Giveaway runs from December 2, 2020 until December 31, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: December 31, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering