This article contains affiliate links which means that if you click on one of the product links, we’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please read our affiliate disclosure to learn more.
How is your December shaping up?
We hope it’s been cheerful.
Speaking of cheerful, Allie has been beaming with delight ever since we made her this next item.
Let’s go find out what’s got her in a good mood!
Dolly Sewing Crush: HANON Arrangement Project #2
For the 2nd look we turned to page 42 in Doll Sewing Book HANON Arrangement and spotted a delightful Tiered Skirt.
In 18 steps you’ll have a Tiered Skirt that will make your doll feel special.
The directions for the Tiered Skirt are written in English and it also includes images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Tiered Skirt:
The Lower Skirt
- Fold hem of skirt
- Top stitch
- Fold top hem of skirt
- Make a gather stitch
- Gather skirt to match the length of upper skirt
The Tiered Skirt
- Glue lower skirt to upper skirt
- Top stitch
- Fold waist seam allowance 2 times & sew to create casing
- Place elastic inside casing
- Gather waist to desired size
- Sew back close
Three cheers, the Tiered Skirt is complete!
Allie’s been twirling in her skirt all day long.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
The instructions were straight forward and the skirt came together beautifully.
Visit next week for the 3rd project
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Satomi Fujii (Hanon):
Missed a HANON Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
Want to sew simple patterns for your doll? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Doll Sewing Book HANON Arrangement here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To get you fired up for tiny sewing, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: The Doll Sewing Book HANON Arrangement book.
Giveaway runs from December 2, 2020 until December 31, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: December 31, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering