Welcome to the 3rd peu connu Dolly Sewing Crush project.
Summer will officially kickoff this weekend in the northern hemisphere which means the dolls are going to be outside a lot more.
And we have to practice The 3 S’s of Summer Safety.
What are The 3 S’s of Summer Safety you ask?
- Sunglasses and
- Summer hats
We got the summer hats covered and we can’t wait to show you!
Come on, let’s go!
Dolly Sewing Crush: peu connu Project #3
You can find this stinkin’ cute Capeline Hat on page 109 in the Doll’s Closet Romantic book.
In 40 steps your dolls can have a hat fit for a . . . doll.
The Capeline Hat pattern fits dolls size:
- 20 cm
- 22 cm
- 27 cm
The directions for the Capeline Hat are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Capeline Hat:
The Top of Hat
- Sew 2 pairs of wedges along one side
- Clip notches & iron
- Add the remaining wedges to the wedge pairs
- Clip notches & iron
- There are now 2 pairs of 3 wedges
- Place the pair of wedge shapes right sides together & hand baste
- Sew the wedges
- Spread hat open to form dome shape
- Clip corners & iron
- Sew short edge of outside & lining brim
- Clip corner & iron
- Sew lining and outside brim along bottom edge
- Clip notches
- Turn brim right side out
- Top stitch along bottom of brim
- Align top of hat to brim
- Hand baste
- Sew to together
- Iron hat
Yippee, the Capeline Hat is complete!
I didn’t think I would fall in love with an accessory like a hat but it is beyond cute.
So much so, I can see myself becoming obsessed with making dolly hats.
Ruruko loves her hat and the other dolls are subtitling hinting that they want one too.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
You have to be precise when matching up the hat’s six wedges.
Sewing something tiny in the round was challenging.
And adding to that challenge was my big sewing foot which made visibility tough.
This project is doable, you just have to be very accurate.
I encountered other tricky areas or what I like to call Skills In Progress (SIP) like:
- a pucker in the back and
- a portion of the brim that didn’t get caught in the seam
These SIP’s are skills that I want to improve on and I know the more I do this project or ones like it, I will improve.
Will you join us next week for the final peu connu Sewing Crush?
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Yoshi (peu connu):
Missed an peu connu Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To help get you excited to sew tiny, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: 1 Doll’s Closet Romantic Book.
Giveaway runs from June 3, 2020 until June 25, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: June 25, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering
Can’t wait to sew peu connu clothes for your dolly? No need to wait, you can get a copy of the Doll’s Closet Romantic book here.