UPDATED: June 28, 2020 Winner Announced Below (near entry box)
Hey there, it’s wonderful to see you again!
Thanks for joining us for the 4th and final project of the peu connu Dolly Sewing Crush.
A cute little dress is awaiting you.
I’ll race you there!
Psst . . did you enter the giveaway yet? If you haven’t, there is still time. Be sure to enter the giveaway by June 25, 2020, 11:59 P.M CST. for a chance to win the Doll’s Closet Romantic Book.
We will randomly choose a winner shortly after.
Dolly Sewing Crush: peu connu Project #4
To finish off the peu connu Sewing Crush, we made a sweet little One Piece Dress for Ruruko.
This pattern is found in a different book, it’s called Doll’s Closet and it’s the 1st in the series of books.
The One Piece dress can be found on page 34.
In 59 steps your girl will have a Dress to shine in.
The One Piece Dress pattern fits dolls size:
- 20 cm
- 22 cm
- 27 cm
The directions for the One Piece Dress are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the One Piece Dress:
- Attach lace to bodice
- Sew front & back shoulder seams
The Peter Pan Collar
- With fabric & lining together, sew the outline of the collar
- Trim excess fabric
- Clip, turn right side out & iron
- Place peter pan collars along the neckline
- Hand baste in place
- Place lining on top of bodice right sides together & sew neckline & armholes
- Turn bodice right side out
- Iron flat
- Right sides together sew side seams of front & back bodice
- Right sides together sew side seams of front & back lining bodice
- Sew side seams of the bodice & lining together
- Fold hem of skirt
- Top stitch
- Sew 2 lines to make a gather
- Attach bodice to skirt
- Top stitch close to seam
- Fold left & right sides of back
- Attach hook & loop to back
- Sew back close
Yippee, the One Piece Dress is complete!
Awww, Ruruko looks so precious in her dress!
I always wanted to make a dress with a peter pan collar and this dress confirms my love for the style.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
This project was easy, but there were a few tricky areas.
We had trouble turning the bodice right side out.
I think our choice of fabric had something to do with that though.
Instead of using quilting cotton for both the lining and bodice, next time we’ll use something light like cotton lawn.
This is a great pattern for those ready to tackle a project with many techniques like adding lace, gathers, collars, and lining.
The one piece dress has it all.
Skills In Progress (SIP)
A skill I want to improve on is attaching a collar.
A portion of the collar didn’t get caught in the seam.
I have to pay special attention next time.
And That’s A Wrap!
We want to send our thanks again to Georgia for recommending this talented designer.
And we also want to thank you for following along as we featured peu connu.
During the peu connu Sewing Crush, we’ve seen various outfits like:
If you have any questions or want to see a particular pattern please leave a comment below!
I hope the rest of your June is amazing and I look forward to meeting you in July!
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Yoshi (peu connu):
Missed a peu connu Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
- Dolly Sewing Crush: peu connu Project #1
- Dolly Sewing Crush: peu connu Project #2
- Dolly Sewing Crush: peu connu Project #3
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To help get you excited to sew tiny, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: 1 Doll’s Closet Romantic Book.
Giveaway runs from June 3, 2020 until June 25, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
The Winner Is: Sally D!
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: June 25, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering
Can’t wait to sew peu connu clothes for your dolly? No need to wait, you can get a copy of the Doll’s Closet Romantic book here.