This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure for more information.
Someone drank a special potion and suddenly turned small!
An 11 cm cutie can’t wait to meet you, so let’s not delay.
Dolly Sewing Crush: RosalynnPerle Project #2
For the 2nd RosalynnPerle project we went tiny, 11cm to be exact.
Flip to page 53 in Doll Coordinate Recipe 12: Sweet Fairy Tale and awaiting you on the page, is a lovely Night Dress.
Your work and time will be rewarded in 11 steps.
The Night Dress pattern fits dolls size:
- 11 cm
The directions for the Night Dress are written in Japanese.
There are no images to go with the directions, only an illustration with numbers that correspond to the steps.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Night Dress:
- Fold the sleeve cuffs & the back
- Stitch the sleeve cuffs
- Sew elastic on the wrong side of sleeve
- Gather the neckline of the dress
- Sew collar to neckline
- Sew side seams & sleeves together
- Fold hem & sew
- Attach lace to hem
- Sew hook & loop fastener to back
- Attach ribbons to cuffs
- Add beads & pearls to the chest (I skipped this step)
Hip hip hooray, the Night Dress is complete!
Oh dear, Hina-chan looks soooo sweet.
I just want to give her a big bear hug.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
This was our 1st time sewing for a 11cm doll!
This pattern wasn’t difficult but I had to get use to sewing from 1/6 scale to 1/12 scale.
I had trouble attaching the collar along the gathered neckline . . . I’m beginning to notice a common thread here. ?
Overall, the instructions were so so.
I feel like the directions could’ve explained some of the steps in more detail.
Also, the dress is a bit oversized for our 11cm girl.
Check back in next week to see the 3rd project!
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Keiko Morikawa (RosalynnPerle):
Missed a RosalynnPerle Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
Have an urge to sew RosalynnPerle outfits for your dollies right now? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Doll Coordinate Recipe 12: Sweet Fairy Tale book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To ignite your love for sewing tiny, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: 1 Doll Coordinate Recipe 12: Sweet Fairy Tale.
Giveaway runs from August 5, 2020 until August 27, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: August 27, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering