This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure for more information.
Winner Announced Below (near entry box)
It’s a beautiful day in the land of dolls and we’re over the moon that you’re joining us for the final RosalynnPerle Sewing Crush.
Friends don’t let friends forget to enter a giveaway:
If you haven’t already, there is still time to enter the giveaway.
Be sure to enter the giveaway by August 27, 2020, 11:59 P.M. CST for a chance to win the Doll Coordinate Recipe 12: Sweet Fairy Tale 🙂
We will randomly choose a winner shortly after.
Dolly Sewing Crush: RosalynnPerle Project #4
To wind things down, we made a casual pair of Pants.
Flip to page 59 in Doll Coordinate Recipe 12: Sweet Fairy Tale, to make these Pants and in 14 steps, you’ll have a trendy doll.
The Pants pattern fits dolls size:
- 11 cm
The directions for the Pants are written in Japanese.
There are no images to go with the directions, only an illustration with numbers that correspond to the steps.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Pants:
- Sew pockets right sides together on pants
- Flip pockets to the inside of pants
- Top stitch the pocket down
- Sew pocket lining to pocket
- With right sides together sew the front crotch seam
- Make a decorative stitch on one side of the pants
- Sew the front and back pants together
- Sew a decorative stitch down the pants
- Fold the top of the back pockets
- Sew 2 stitches
- Fold and press the remaining sides of the pocket
- Sew back pockets to pants
- Fold hem & sew
- Sew waist-belt to pants
- Fold edges of waist-belt
- Stitch top & bottom of waist-belt
- Attach hook & loop to the back
- Sew the back rise
- Match inseam of pants & sew together
Hip hip hooray, the Pants are complete!
Hina-chan looks causal and comfy in her outfit.
She’s been enjoying the attention and can’t wait for us to make more clothes for her.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
The instructions for creating the pockets were puzzling.
I stared at the diagram and the pockets for nearly 30 mins (felt like hrs) and then finally I had a light bulb moment and understood what to do.
This is an easy project that comes together in breeze, minus the confusing pockets.
The pants turned out too big for Hina-chan.
I don’t know if they are designed to be this big or what.
And That’s A Wrap!
Where did the days go?
The time we’ve spent together this month was a blast.
We hope you gained some dolly crafting inspo this month.
Outfits that crossed your path were:
If you have any questions or want to see a particular pattern please leave a comment below!
This was fun, let’s meet again in September!
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Keiko Morikawa (RosalynnPerle):
Missed a RosalynnPerle Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
- Dolly Sewing Crush: RosalynnPerle Project #1
- Dolly Sewing Crush: RosalynnPerle Project #2
- Dolly Sewing Crush: RosalynnPerle Project #3
Have an urge to sew RosalynnPerle outfits for your dollies right now? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Doll Coordinate Recipe 12: Sweet Fairy Tale book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To ignite your love for sewing tiny, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: 1 Doll Coordinate Recipe 12: Sweet Fairy Tale.
Giveaway runs from August 5, 2020 until August 27, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
The Winner Is: Matt G!
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: August 27, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering