This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure for more information.
Yay! We’re so glad that you‘re joining us for the 2nd Salon de Monbon Dolly Sewing Crush!
Let’s see what new look Momoko will model.
Dolly Sewing Crush: Salon de Monbon Project #2
This week we’re taking a look at a precious One Piece Dress from Doll’s Closet Seasons on page 108.
In 74 steps your doll will have a dress that will make them twirl with delight.
Like the previous Project, Salon de Monbon guides you through the entire process.
Pinning, ironing and clipping notches are included in the steps.
The directions for the One Piece Dress are written in Japanese and include images so you can visually see the step by step instructions.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the One Piece Dress:
- Sew darts
- Attach middle piece to right & left bodice pieces
- Sew lace to front of bodice
- Attach shoulder seams of front and back bodice pieces
- Attach lace around collar
- Sew tulle around the armholes
- Fold & sew hem
- Sew 2 long stitch lines to make a gather
- Attach gathered skirt to bodice
The One Piece Dress
- Make 2 bows **
- Attach bows to front of bodice
- Hand sew beads to front bodice
- Sew hook & loop tape to back of dress
- Sew the back close to finish dress
Voilà the One Piece Dress is done!
This dress makes us dream of a tropical paradise!
Momoko is enjoying her outfit.
**Clever Tip on making tiny bows
We watched this great YouTube video showing how to make tiny bows, using a fork.
How awesome is that!
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
Intermediate Friendly: It’s a cute One Piece Dress but the instructors are too long for a beginner.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To boost your love for sewing tiny, we are giving 1 lucky winner: 1 Doll’s Closet Seasons book.
Giveaway runs from April 1, 2020 until April 30, 2020 11:59 P.M.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: April 30, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering
Excited to sew Salon de Monbon clothes for your dolly? No need to wait, you can get a copy of the Doll’s Closet Seasons book here.
Please visit next week for the 3rd project!
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Missed a Salon de Monbon Project? Click a link below to catch up!