Summer time in Texas means triple digit temperatures.
For Harmia’s next treat, I wanted something cold and tasty like the last time. It had to be yummy for her and help me beat the Texas heat.
Luckily, I received an email with a frozen treat recipe called Orange-Mango Ice Pops.
The recipe intrigued me for several reasons:
- It called for only a handful of ingredients
- I’d get to try a mango for the 2nd time in my life (the first time I tried it was earlier this year)
- I’d have to dig out my Popsicle molds (I’ve only used the molds once in the entire 2 years I’ve had them)
- It looked easy to make
- It would help me beat the heat
After following all the steps (only 2) . . . Voila! I had Orange-Mango Popsicles for Harmia.
At first she wasn’t sure how to attack the cold treat but within a few seconds, she figured things out and ate the whole thing.
Harmia like the frozen pop. For me, it tasted different from the store bought Popsicles I’m use to.
It could be due to the pops being mango flavor. Each time I’ve tried mango, it tasted different. I’m not 100% sure what a good one taste like. So I’d like to try the recipe again but with a different fruit.
I enjoyed making the pops and I had a good laugh while watching Harmia experience her first brain freeze.
Over to You:
What’s your favorite Popsicle flavor? Do you make your own frozen treat or do you buy them from the store?
Share your favorites in the comment section below. We look forward to chatting with you.
We’d love to feature your doll with a sweet in the next Dolly, Sweets & Treats. Send us your photo and we’ll include it in our next adventure.
You can submit your image here
More Dolly, Sweets and Treats Adventures:
- Dolly, Sweets and Treats: Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dolly, Sweets and Treats: Great American Cookies Oatmeal Cookie
- Dolly, Sweets and Treats: Great American Cookies Fudge Brownie
- Dolly, Sweets and Treats: Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream