In 2015 Azone International & Kinko Juice joined forces to bring dolls fans the 1st KIKIPOP! series.
And this year, 2019, fans will enjoy the 10th KIKIPOP! series.
It’s called: Baby Bunka Girl
This series features outfits designed by Michiru of Babydow (ベビ堂).
You may remember Babydow’s work on Azone International’s fairytale series.
Does EX-Cute Tsukiha and Sorane Little Blue Bird ring a bell?
ベビ堂 was the artist behind their designs.
We first saw images of the Baby Bunka Girl prototypes at Azone International’s New Year Doll Fair 2019.
- KIKIPOP! Kokeshi-chan (baby black hair color) & Torikago-chan (baby bronze hair color) will go up for pre-order on February 14, 2019
- Azone will release the girls late February 2019
- Hair Color Kokeshi-chan: Baby Black
- Hair Color Torikago-chan: Baby Bronze
- Eye Color Kokeshi-chan: Retro Lapis Lazuli
- Eye Color Torikago-chan: Retro Light Blue
- Skin Tone Kokeshi-chan: Pale Orange (normal tone)
- Skin Tone Torikago-chan: White
- Eye Catch Seal
- Hand Parts (gripping)
- Doll Stand
- Azone Labelshop Purchases receive mushroom bag
Where to Order
- Fabric Friends & Dolls
- Ami Ami
- Hobby Link Japan
- Hobby Search
- Play Asia
- Additional Shops
Release Date: February 2019
Price: ¥25,000 about $229
A lot of creativity and details went into designing the 10th KIKIPOP! Series like:
- There’s added details in their eyes
- Their dresses feature images related to their names (Kokeshi-chan’s dress features images of a Kokeshi doll and Torikago-chan’s dress features a bird cage. Her name translates to bird cage)
- Each girl has a different skin tone
I’m very tempted to add Baby Bunka Girl Torikago-chan to my collection but I must resist the temptation.
Over to You:
Can you believe it’s the 10th KIKIPOP! Series?
What do you think about Kokeshi-chan & Torikago-chan?
Are you happy with the Baby Bunka Girl theme for the 10th series or do you wish it was a different theme?
Which of the KIKIPOP! series is your #1 favorite?
- Hello KIKIPOP!
- KIKIPOP! Romantic Frill Sugar
- KIKIPOP! Sunny Bunny Date
- Panda ROUROU x KIKIPOP!
- KIKIPOP! Lovers Smile
- KIKIPOP! Nijiiro Drop
- KIKIPOP! KP Diner
- KIKIPOP! Hi! My School
- KIKIPOP! Pop ‘n Idol PIPIPOPPI
Share your thoughts & favorite KIKIPOP! series in the comment section below.
I look forward to chatting with you.
Source: Azone International
Connect with Babydow (ベビ堂) Twitter|Azone’s KIKIPOP! Twitter
Jo Ellem says
I’ve been eyeing off Kikipop since the Doll first arrived. But it thinks it’s time for me to bring one home. I love these but the little dark haired girl is the one for me.
Hello Jo Ellem,
I know what you mean.
I’m finding with each release, it’s harder and harder to resist them.
If you decide to welcome home Kokeshi-chan please do come back and let us know what you think about her.
Thank you for taking the time to chat with us about the 10th KIKIPOP! series.