On January 9, 2015 Groove Inc announced a big headliner for their booth for Doll Show 42 held on January 12, 2015.
They posted an image of Pullip Laura!
The general consensus of this sullen yet mischievous circus ringleader was of frustration.
Why were fans so frustrated?
Well before we dive into the frustration let's get a little background history on Pullip Laura.
Checkout eBay if you would like to bring home this girl!
The doll on the cover was customized and photographed by her owner Laura, a photographer located in Great Britain, who is well known in the doll community for her vivid and bold photographs.
Laura goes by the name pure_embers on Flickr.
The detailed circus themed outfit that Violette is wearing was designed by a prominent doll clothing designer Momolita of Japan.
Together Dolly Japan, pure_embers and Momolita brought Violette to life which got the attention of Groove Inc and resulted in the birth of Pullip Laura (yep, yep this doll is named after her owner Laura, how sweet is that!)
Soooo why the frustration?
Fans are upset with Groove Inc's lack of creativity and are tired of dolls based off of other creators/collaborations/anime collabs designs.
However Nana-chan received a lot of praise.
Example 2: Reboot of the dolls from the anime series Rozen Maiden
Example 3: 6 Sailor Moon Dolls
2014 brought fans very few original ideas from the Pullip brand.
Hence fans' frustration
So now that you know the background history of the February doll, let me properly introduce you to Pullip Laura.
February 2015 the circus ringleader named Pullip Laura will be in the hands of collectors around the world!
She's part of a quintuple (5) collaboration: (Yep you read that right xD)
- Laura (Photographer of the Dolly Japan Vol.2 cover)
- Momolita (Outfit)
- @Babybee (Doll Makeup)
- Dolly Japan (Presented by Dolly Japan)
- Groove Inc
Also according to AGA, Pullip Laura marks the 1st Pullip with glossy eye chips
Things I love:
- Outfit is based off of Momolita design and is super cute . . . though I find her skirt to be uber short
- Congrats to Laura for having a doll that was photographed and will now be in the hands of 1000's of fans (sooooo cool) 🙂
- Eyebrows, she looks sad as if she's in pain 🙁
- Skirt, too short
- I thought it was an Isul doll at first glance
- Original style of the clothes has been modified
- Original dark, moody, and mysteries makeup has been diluted
Love Dolls? If so, stay up to date on the latest doll announcements. Follow us on Twitter by clicking here
So, it's your turn what do you think about Pullip Laura?