This post contains affiliate links. Please read our affiliate disclosure for more information.
Uh-oh, it looks like we’ve created a diva.
In the past Allie would subtly hint about what she wanted in her closet.
But this week, she’s demanding it.
Her closet must now include an all day comfort style, that will allow her to be the best version of herself . . .
What does that even mean?
Let’s see what we can come up with!
Dolly Sewing Crush: Blythe Style Dress Up Project #3
An outfit that caught our eye while flipping through the Blythe Style Dress Up Sewing Book was a chic Salopettes found on page 54 and a belt accessory on page 61.
The Salopettes of your doll’s dreams can be a reality in 9 steps plus some sub steps.
And a lovely belt to match in only 1 step.
The directions for the Salopettes & belt are written in Japanese.
There are no images to go with the directions, only an illustration with numbers that correspond to the steps.
Your Layout For Sewing Success
Here is your blueprint for making the Salopettes:
- Fold hem & sew
- Fold waist & sew
- Right sides together sew the crotch and back rise
- Sew the leg seam
- Sew back & front shoulder seams together
- Place tulle underneath the top right sides together
- Sew neckline & sew underarm
- Remove excess tulle
- Clip notches
- Turn top right side out
- Sew sides of top
- Sew top to pants, right sides together
- Stitch along back edges
- Attach hook and loop
Awesome sauce, the Salopettes is complete!
Here is your blueprint for making the Belt:
- Fold short edges of belt wrong sides together
- Fold long edges of belt towards the center
- Fold belt in half
- Sew along the edges of belt
Awesome sauce, the Belt is complete!
Blythe looks so chic wearing her colorful Salopettes & Belt.
She can’t stop staring at her self in the mirror.
Dolly Insider Skill Level Rating:
This was a fun project to make, the only downside was having to flip back and forth between instructions since they are spread throughout the book.
Check us out next week for the final Blythe Style Dress Up Project
Kat and Tatyana
The Dolly Insider
Stay Up To Date With Boutique-Sha:
Missed a Blythe Style Dress Up Project? No worries, click a link below to get caught up!
- Dolly Sewing Crush: Blythe Style Dress Up Project #1
- Dolly Sewing Crush: Blythe Style Dress Up Project #2
Ready to sew outfits for your darling girl? No need to wait, you can grab your copy of the Blythe Style Dress Up Sewing Book here.
It’s Time For A Giveaway
To get you pumped for tiny sewing, we’re giving 1 lucky winner: Blythe Style Dress Up Sewing Book.
Giveaway runs from October 7, 2020 until October 29, 2020 11:59 P.M. CST.
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Enter your response in the entry form below for a chance to win.a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may earn multiple entries by completing the other entry methods to increase your chances of winning
If you don’t see the entry form try visiting the page from a desktop or a different browser such as Google Chrome. Entry form may not appear on some mobile devices.
- Last day to enter the giveaway: October 29, 2020 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time
- Winner’s name will be shared on our site and social media platforms
- Winner will be notified via email within 48 hours after the contest has closed. If the winner does not respond to our email within 5 days, another winner will be selected
- If you’re a minor please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before entering